According to Pitchbook, there were five M&A deals during the holiday week, worth a total of $1.92 billion. The largest of the five deals was Vista Equity Partners’ $1.9-billion LBO of Mindbody, which develops business management software for fitness facilities.
The five companies are made up of two information technology firms, one healthcare firm, one energy-focused company, and one financial services provider. Two of the five deals are from the West Coast – Mindbody and Stira Alcentra.
Also, in the M&A space, the storied New York Yankees baseball franchise, is working on a deal with Amazon and Sinclair Broadcast Group to buy back the team’s regional sports network, Yes. The Yankees, which own 20% of the network, are in talks with the aforementioned firms and two other potential partners about buying-out the remaining 80% stake from Walt Disney. Disney is reportedly seeking a valuation in the range of $5-6 billion for the Yes Network.